I have no idea how it could take me so long to discover these 2-ingredient super healthy pancake babies. They are delicious, nutritious and easy to do!
I posted my creation on Instagram and you guys loved it! But, some of you had troubles figuring out the right ratio of the ingredients and just the whole process so I decided to post a more detailed explanation here, on my website.
First, let’s bring our attention to the ingredients themselves. You need: 1 banana and 2 eggs. That’s it. Crazy, isn’t it?! I bet you never knew pancakes can be SO healthy. Eggs (especially those from a quality source) give you great amount of protein and fat while banana is a guilty-free choice of carbs and many other micro nutrients.
Gluten-free, paleo approved, processed sugar-free – am I missing any more buzz words here?
Let’s get cooking, shall we?
(for 1 person)
for the pancake:
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
for the topping:
- fruit of your choice (I love berries!)
- cacao nibs / shredded coconut /seeds
- Mash the banana with a fork, whisk the eggs real good and combine the two.
- Make sure the pan is hot, drop one teaspoon of coconut oil in and when it is melted, pour the mixture in.
- When the bottom is golden brown (have a little peak), put your spatula halfway under the pancake and make a quick flip.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and serve. Adding any toppings you like