This Chia Seed Jam is packed with natural flavor and all those healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals from chia seeds. Oh and did I mention it’s also delicious?
1. If your fruits are larger – like apples, pears or even strawberries – chop them to small pieces.
2. Put the fruit, lemon juice and the maple syrup into a medium saucepan on a medium heat.
3. Heat fruit, stirring occasionally, it will become a lot more softer, mash with a fork a bit or a lot (depending on if you like the jam smooth or chunky).
4. Bring to boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add chia seeds, cook for another minute and then turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for another 15 minutes.
6. Stir and check the consistency, if it’s too runny, add chia seeds and wait another 10 minutes.
7. When the consistency is good, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Recipe by Karin Dimitrovova at http://www.karindimitrovova.com/the-basics-how-to-make-chia-seed-jam/