If you love golden (aka turmeric) milk, you will fall in love with this lemonade. The combination of turmeric and ginger is complimented by a refreshing orange and it all comes together in this healthy and fun drink!
If you have been following my blog for a while, you might know that I have a turmeric obsession. I am consuming it in one way or another almost every day. I enjoy drinking it as a turmeric milk or I like to add it to a curry or in a smoothie. (Confession: I also add it to my oatmeal). Well, now I have also started to make this refreshing Turmeric Orange Lemonade.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory benefits in human body in a similar fashion an Advil has, but it is all natural! I use turmeric to improve my digestion in a combination with ginger and cinnamon that both boost the metabolism. If you want to learn more about this magical spice, I have written a whole article that also includes information regarding benefits of turmeric in cancer treatment.
Let’s have a look at the star of today’s article – Turmeric Orange Lemonade – that is a great companion in these grey days but also shines at a party with friends (of course it is more fancy than simple juice or store bought lemonade). Turmeric has a specific earthy flavor and an orange perfectly balances it out.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Turmeric Orange Lemonade
The combination of turmeric and ginger is complimented by a refreshing orange and it all comes together in this healthy and fun drink!
- 1 orange
- 2 and a half cups of water (if you have coconut water on hand, you can mix one cup of coconut water and one and a half cups of regular water)
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger (or finely ground fresh ginger)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- freshly ground pepper *
1. Peel the orange and cut it to pieces.
2. Mix orange and all the other ingredients and blend it in a blender.
3. Chill in a refrigerator and serve with ice. **
* Freshly ground pepper tremendously increases the benefits of turmeric.
** If you don’t have a blender, you can squeeze the orange and mix it with the rest of the ingredients (in a cocktail shaker or basically any bottle).
What about you and turmeric? I am really curious whether I am the only obsessed one or if there is anyone else who adds it to everything?